An energetic speaker, trainer and presenter, Dennis J. Gorman educates and leads salespeople using confidence, insight and humor.
Never one to cling to a lectern, Dennis uses seminars, courses and conferences as mediums to engage attendees through clever, interactive discussions, real-world scenarios, timeless (but too often forgotten!) sales techniques, and heavy doses of comedy tinged with illustrative magic tricks.
Achievements, Activities and Authorship
From his service during the Vietnam era to his management of a multimillion dollar promotion agency, Dennis’ navigated the incredibly exciting, forever changing, world of sales, marketing and small business leadership.
Dennis’ impressive career has enabled him to shine in a wide variety of arenas, culminating in spectacular results, including:
- The founding (and eventual sale) of a highly-recognized, multimillion dollar promotions business.
- The direct management of 80 independent sales representatives in 5 geographic locations.
- The coaching and mentoring of business professionals to assist them in unlocking the keys to phenomenal achievement.
- Past presidency and board/committee membership on numerous professional nonprofits.
- Several service and speaking awards from the Promotional Products Association International (PPAI), Millersville University, Jr. Achievement of Lancaster/Lebanon and the United States Army Medical Corps
- The co-author of Second Nature Selling and a frequent contributor to business publications.
Denny Gorman at a glance
Head of the Gorman Group and partner in Beyond Methodology, LLC, Denny draws upon extensive experience in both the supplier and distributor sides of the promotional products industry. In addition to running his own multi-million-dollar promotion agency for 14 years, he held key management positions with an industry supplier, a top-ten promotional products distributor, and a promotion industry service provider. He also served as an effective field sales manager and trainer for a major pharmaceuticals corporation.
Holder of the Master Advertising Specialist designation from the Promotional Products Association International (PPAI), Denny is Past President of the group’s Regional Association Council and winner of two of its most distinguished honors: the Speaker’s Excellence Award (2001) and the Distinguished Service Award (2006). Also affiliated with a number of regional sales and marketing associations, Denny frequently serves as a speaker and trainer at colleges, universities and national trade shows, and writes articles for industry publications on a regular basis.
Speaking Engagement Expertise
Dennis brings his 30+ years of sales experience to audiences of all sizes via dynamic presentations that weave together the art and science of succeeding through selling in a highly-demanding marketplace. By focusing on helping attendees find and hone their true selling personas, he enables them to reach higher than ever before in terms of their sales and professional goals.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment or speaking engagement, contact Denny.